The Top 5 Beard Trends of 2019
True beard lovers know that there are many beard styles. There is no such thing as a universal beard. If someone has shapely facial hair, there are so many styles that it can be in, from a full goatee to a balbo beard. Many beard fanatics like their beards to follow annual trends. This year, some popular beard trends were stubble, the beardstash, and the full beard. However, many of those beard trends are set to change in 2019! Here are a few tips on how to find the best beard style for you:
How to follow beard trends
Luckily, there are always several popular beard trends at any given time. When it comes to following these beard trends, it’s important to remember that not every beard will look good on every man. Here are some things that you should consider before trying any new beard style:
- Face shape: Your face shape will determine which beard trends suit you. Determine whether you have a round, square, oval, or diamond-shaped face and look up beard trends that suit your face shape.
- Hair thickness: While many men dream of growing a full beard, it just isn’t possible for everyone. Those who have thin, patchy beards, for example, won’t be able to grow a full beard that looks the same as those with thick hair.
- Hair type: Your hair type matters when it comes to beard trends! Straight, curly, and thin beards will all look different.
- Beard care: Your beard care routine will have a direct impact on whether you can pull off the latest beard trends. Proper beard care includes frequent trims and daily use of moisturizing beard oil.
Top 5 Beard Trends
If you want to make sure that you look your best, pay attention to next year’s beard trends! While more will unfold, keep your beard care routine up now- including the daily use of beard oil- so that you can be ready to embrace the different styles! Here are the top five beard trends- and don’t worry- there’s a trend in here for every hair type and thickness.
- Designer stubble: The designer stubble beard is set to be the #1 beard trend for 2019. Designer stubble is a short, stubbly beard style that is fairly easy to grow for most men. All that’s needed to maintain this style is some trimmers and high quality beard oil!
- Balbo: The balbo beard is a short or medium-length beard with no sideburns and a floating mustache. It’s also referred to as a short boxed beard. Think Robert Downey Jr.
- Hollywoodian: The Hollywoodian beard, popularized by many male celebrities, is a mustache connected to a medium to long-length beard with no sideburns and a shaved neck.
- Circle beard: The circle beard is the most traditional and classic type of beard. A type of goatee, the circle features a connecting chin strap and mustache that create a circle around the mouth.
- Garibaldi beard: The garibaldi beard has been growing in popularity in recent years and is expected to be just as popular in 2019. It is simply a full beard that is rounded at the bottom, as opposed to being untamed. Beard care- and a nourishing beard oil- are crucial when it comes to this style, as it’s a lot of hair to maintain.
Which of these 2019 beard trends will you be trying?